Dear Eastern North Carolina Neighbor:
This is a critical time for our nation. I'd like to share the top 12 reasons why my fight for common sense conservative Eastern North Carolina values is exactly what we need in 2012.
I appreciate your consideration and I humbly request your support at the polls today.
May God Bless you and may He continue to bless America!
Top 12 Reasons to Vote Walter Jones Today!
1. Because Stopping Barack Obama and Creating Jobs Matter – Since President Obama took office, the federal debt has spiked to over $15 trillion. Annual deficits consistently top $1 trillion. Big government has exploded, choking economic growth and eroding our constitutional rights. Meanwhile, unemployment has soared, the price of gas has more than doubled and food stamp usage has never been higher. President Obama's liberal policies have failed, and Congressman Jones has steadfastly opposed them every step of the way.
* Walter Jones voted against Obamacare and is fighting to defund and repeal it.
* Walter Jones voted against the Wall Street Bailout.
* Walter Jones voted against Obama's trillion dollar 'stimulus' package.
* Walter Jones voted against Obama's "Cap-and-Trade" green scheme.
And unlike President Obama, Walter Jones knows that to grow our economy and create jobs, we must get the government off the backs of America's job creators. That's why Congressman Jones has a 100% rating from the nation's leading small business association, which calls him a "Guardian of Small Business".
2. Because Seniority Matters – Congressman Walter Jones is one of the most senior members of the House Armed Services Committee. He’s used that position to protect Eastern North Carolina’s military installations from realignment or closure through two prior BRAC rounds. As budgets tighten and pressure mounts to close additional bases, Walter Jones is in the best position to defend the tens of thousands of jobs associated with Eastern North Carolina's military facilities.
3. Because Values Matter – We don't have to wonder where Walter Jones stands on saving the moral foundation that's made America strong; his proven record says it all. We know Walter Jones is a man of deep faith. He believes in the Bible and the Constitution. He's a stalwart defender of America's Judeo-Christian heritage, and he never wavers. He's been married to the same wonderful woman for over 40 years. He believes in traditional marriage between one man and one woman, and he strongly supports the North Carolina marriage amendment. He is the national leader of efforts to protect both freedom of speech in our churches and the rights of our military chaplains to pray in the name of Jesus Christ. And Walter Jones is vigorously fighting against the Obama Administration's attempts to impose their radical liberal social agenda on the U.S. military.
4. Because Balanced Budgets Matter – Congressman Walter Jones is a proven leader in the fight to stop runaway deficit spending. He is the only member of Congress to vote against every increase in the federal debt limit over the past eight years. And he's the only member of Congress to vote against every debt-ridden budget over the past eight years. Congressman Jones knows that to get America out of the fiscal ditch we need to cut wasteful spending, balance the budget and stop kicking kicking the can down the road. That's why he strongly supports and has always voted for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution.
5. Because Gas Prices Matter – Congressman Walter Jones knows our economic recovery depends on reducing our dependence on foreign oil and lowering gas prices. That's why he's strongly supported and voted for legislation to expand oil and gas drilling right here in America, and to build the Keystone XL Pipeline. He's also supported measures to require federal regulators to curb manipulation of oil and gas markets, and he's opposed the Federal Reserve's trillion dollar money printing campaign that has raised the price of oil.
6. Because Law and Order Matters – Congressman Walter Jones knows the importance of keeping our neighborhoods safe. The North Carolina Troopers Association says Jones' record of "supporting improvements to public safety and for more effective law and order is extraordinary." That's why the North Carolina Troopers are fully supporting and proudly endorsing Congressman Walter Jones as "clearly the most qualified candidate" in the field.
7. Because Stopping Wasteful Foreign Aid Matters – Congressman Walter Jones knows it makes no sense for America to borrow money from China and then give it to other countries so they can take our jobs. That's why he hasn't voted for a foreign aid spending bill in over 16 years. And that's why he led two successful efforts to stop U.S. foreign aid programs that were training foreign workers to take American jobs.
8. Because Our 2nd Amendment Rights Matter – Congressman Jones knows our Constitution gives us the fundamental right to own guns, and he has a proven record of defending that right. That’s why he’s proud to have an A rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA).
9. Because Knowing Eastern North Carolina Matters – Walter Jones knows the issues facing Eastern North Carolina because he's lived here all his life. He was born here. And unlike many who promise the world, get elected, move to Washington and forget about the folks who sent them there, Congressman Jones still drives home to Eastern North Carolina every single week to go to church, cut the grass at his Farmville home and hear directly from us about the issues we care about.
10. Because Fighting For Those Who Serve Matters – Eastern North Carolina veterans and active duty military personnel and their families have no better advocate than Congressman Walter Jones. From voting to protect veterans benefits to helping service members get all the resources they need, Congressman Jones is there for those who've been there for us. That's why he's won awards for his efforts from leading national service organizations including: The Military Coalition, American Legion, Fleet Reserve Association, Military Officers Association, The Military Order of the Purple Heart, Gold Star Wives of America, Marine Corps Reserve Association, and Disabled American Veterans.
11. Because Border Security Matters – Congressman Walter Jones believes border security is national security. He supports strict enforcement of our immigration laws and accelerated completion of the border fence. He is a leader in the the fight to eliminate illegal immigration and stop amnesty, and his voting record proves it. He's been awarded an A+ and a 100% rating by the two leading national organizations devoted to ending illegal immigration. He's also been named to U.S. Border Control's Hall of Fame.
12. Because Life Matters – Congressman Jones is a pro-life champion, and his voting record shows it. He has a 100% rating from the National Right to Life Committee. He's been there time and again voting to block taxpayer funding of abortions and to block taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.