I want you to know how much I appreciate your support during this primary campaign.
Our fight for conservative values, limited government, liberty and the Constitution would not have prevailed without you, and I can't thank you enough.
With your continued support, we'll carry this message through the fall and claim victory in November.
May God bless you, and may he continue to bless our great nation.
Based on his consistent voting record on Second Amendment issues in the U.S. House of Representatives, Representative Jones has earned an "A" rating from NRA-PVF for this primary election. An "A" rating is reserved for a pro-gun legislator who has supported NRA positions on key votes.
Representative Jones is currently a cosponsor of H.R. 2959, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013. This bill would ensure that law-abiding Americans with a valid concealed handgun permit would be able to carry their concealed firearm in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry. He voted for a similar bill in 2011.
In addition, Representative Jones voted for H.R. 3590, the Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreational Enhancement Act of 2013, a bill that would positively impact sportsmen throughout North Carolina and the country. Specifically, the SHARE Act would protect traditional hunting ammunition, open additional land access for hunting and fishing, and allow firearms to be legally carried on land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
That's why it's important for you to vote for Walter Jones for U.S. House of Representatives in the Republican primary on Tuesday, May 6!
Remember to vote for Walter Jones on Tuesday, May 6.
NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION POLITICAL VICTORY FUND
I have personally known Congressman Walter Jones for nearly 20 years.
The men and women of the Marine Corps have no better friend than Congressman Jones. He is a champion for Eastern North Carolina’s veterans, active duty military and their families. As a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, Congressman Jones has protected Eastern North Carolina’s Marine Corps installations from closure, and has worked hard to bring new military jobs to the area. He also secured a new VA SuperClinic in Greenville to treat our wounded veterans. From protecting veterans’ benefits to helping service members get all the resources they need, Congressman Jones is fighting for those who fight for us.
In my opinion, Congressman Jones is one of the finest public servants in office today. He is a man of the highest character and integrity, and the people of Eastern North Carolina are blessed to have him as their representative. I am proud to strongly endorse him in the Republican primary on May 6th.Semper Fidelis.
Gen. Charles C. Krulak (Ret.)
31st Commandant of the United States Marine Corps
A Message from Walter Jones
For over a month we’ve heard a barrage of false ads attacking me and my record. They’re hard to miss. Out-of-state special interest SuperPACs have spent over $1 million to air them.
I’m no stranger to criticism; it’s part of the job. If these ads were true, I’d take my lumps and move on. But they’re not, and I think most folks who live here in Eastern North Carolina recognize that.
You know me. I’ve made it clear – both in my conversations with you throughout the district and through my votes in Congress – that my priorities are:
- working hard and conducting myself with honesty and integrity;
- eliminating the reckless spending and waste of taxpayers’ money both at home and abroad;
- protecting the Constitution and the Judeo-Christian values this country was founded on;
- keeping the faith with our veterans and active duty military; and,
- fighting for Eastern North Carolina.
Because I’ve stayed true to these priorities, I confess that I’m not the guy who always votes in lock-step with party leaders in Washington. In fact, party leaders have tried to punish me for refusing to vote for the back room deals they've cut with Barack Obama that are bankrupting this nation.
The moneyed special interests that pull the strings in Washington don’t appreciate my independence either. Voices like mine are a threat. Which brings us back to those ads.
The special interests can’t win on the truth, so they make things up, like me being a liberal, or a big-spender. Their hope is that if they tell the lies often enough, people might believe it.
Here are the facts:
- In 2013, FreedomWorks scored me as the most conservative member of the North Carolina congressional delegation, and one of the top 10 most conservative members of the House.
- The Hill newspaper has recognized me as one of the top 25 hardest working members of Congress.
- I am the only House member to vote against every debt limit increase in the past 10 years.
- I am the only House member to vote against every deficit-raising, debt-filled budget bill over the last 10 years; these budget bills raised the federal debt from $8 trillion to over $17 trillion .
- I am the only member to vote against every foreign aid spending bill over the past 18 years.
- I voted against the bailouts of Wall Street and Detroit.
- I voted against Obamacare, and have voted nearly 40 times to repeal, defund, or dismantle it.
- I have an A rating from the NRA.
- I have an A+ from NumbersUSA for my leadership in the fight to secure our borders and block amnesty.
- I have a 100% rating from National Right to Life.
- But perhaps what I’m most proud of are the many awards I’ve humbly received from the American Legion, Military Officers Association, Disabled American Veterans and other service organizations in recognition of my advocacy for veterans, active duty military and their families.
Because my work for Eastern North Carolina doesn’t align with the special interests, they want to replace me with one of their own.
It is no coincidence that the young man the special interests have chosen to run against me, and to represent them, is a Washington insider.
- He's a registered lobbyist.
- For the past 13 years he lived, and was registered to vote, in Washington DC.
- While he was there, Politico named him one of "Washington DC’s Top 50 Party Animals.”
- His clients included a middle eastern company under congressional investigation for fraud. Now he wants to “represent” us.
But don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself. I invite you to take a closer look at the out-of-state individuals that have funded these false ads, and the DC lobbyist candidate they’re supporting in this race. Look into their backgrounds, see what issues they’ve spent their time and money on before this campaign. They’re not conservative, and they certainly don’t reflect Eastern North Carolina values.
I need your help to send the Washington insiders a message -- Eastern North Carolina wants a fighter, not someone who will "go along to get along" and cave in when party leaders join with Barack Obama to trash the Constitution and bankrupt our country.
I humbly request your vote today.
May God bless you, and may he continue to bless America.
Walter B. Jones