With the new year underway, I want you to know that I am hopeful and optimistic about the changes coming to Washington. Our party has successfully maintained control of the House and Senate, and now we also have a Republican in the White House. The 115th Congress promises to bring many changes to the policies of the previous administration, and I remain committed in my steadfast devotion to the people and values of Eastern North Carolina. Again, I thank you for your support, and I look forward to continuing to work hard for you in Congress.
Once again, I am humbled and grateful to have been elected to serve the people of Eastern North Carolina in the United States Congress. I want to thank all the volunteers and everyone who has supported me over the years. I promise to continue fighting for our constitutional rights and upholding the conservative Eastern North Carolina values that we all hold dear. May God continue to bless our great nation, and help us as we go forward into a new Congress and a new administration. Thank you, Third District!
Early voting is currently underway in North Carolina. Now is your chance to get out early and cast your vote for the November 8th general election Early voting continues until Saturday, November 5th. Please click HERE to find your polling place!
Every vote is going to count in this election, and we need you! Come out and support OUR congressman, Walter Jones!
#1. Since President Obama took office, the federal debt has spiked to over $19 trillion. Big government has exploded, choking economic growth and eroding our constitutional rights. President Obama's liberal policies have failed, and Congressman Jones has steadfastly opposed them every step of the way.
- Walter Jones voted against Obamacare and has voted nearly 40 times to defund, repeal or dismantle it.
- Walter Jones voted against the Wall Street and Detroit Bailouts.
- Walter Jones voted against Obama's trillion dollar 'stimulus' package.
- Walter Jones voted against Obama's "Cap-and-Trade" green scheme.
And unlike President Obama and his liberal cronies, Walter Jones knows that to grow our economy and create jobs, we must get the government off the backs of America's job creators. That is why Congressman Jones has a 100% rating from the nation's leading small business association, which calls him a "Guardian of Small Business."
Walter Jones will never stop working for hardworking North Carolinians.
#2. Eastern North Carolina veterans, active duty military personnel and their families have no better advocate than Congressman Walter Jones. Congressman Jones has cosponsored more bills to help our veterans than any other member of Congress over the last three years, and he has voted for more motions on the floor of the House to help veterans than any member of Congress over the last 10 years. From voting to protect veterans benefits to helping service members get all the resources they need, Congressman Jones is there for those who've been there for us. That's why he's won awards for his efforts from leading national service organizations including: The Military Coalition, American Legion, Fleet Reserve Association, Military Officers Association, The Military Order of the Purple Heart, Gold Star Wives of America, Marine Corps Reserve Association, and Disabled American Veterans.
Walter Jones never stops fighting for those who fought for us.
#3. Walter Jones has a proven record of voting to STOP wasteful foreign aid. With our national debt over $19 trillion, it makes NO sense to borrow money from China to send to other countries so they can take our jobs. Congressman Jones believes in keeping our money here for national priorities like securing our borders, safeguarding benefits for our veterans, and investing in our domestic infrastructure.
Walter Jones hasn't voted for a foreign aid bill in over 20 years.
4. Our constitutional rights and the rule of law are under assault from the Obama administration. Not only does Walter Jones fight to defend our Judeo-Christian values, but he stands up for the Constitution – always has and always will. Walter Jones’ record speaks for itself. He has a long history of doing whatever it takes to keep our Constitution intact, no matter how unpopular it makes him in Congress. Among other things, he's voted against the indefinite detention of American citizens without charge or trial. He has also voted multiple times to stop the Obama administration's unconstitutional surveillance of American citizens without a warrant.